It is hard to imagine but here we are at the 800th Posting on The Speech Bubble. As I customarily do on all these anniversary postings, I first want to thank everyone who supports, comments, and generally takes the time out of their busy schedules to check the site out. It is much appreciated!
Now last week I teased that Between The Continuity would be getting a facelift and here we are. I wanted to expand the feature from its barebones format to something with a little more variety. You’ll notice a lot of features from features past including #Trending and Around The Web. While this week unveils the basic framework it won’t be until the next edition that said framework will be fully filled.
In other news, I’m proud to say that I’ve been nominated for another two Liebster Awards. To refresh everyone, it is an award created by bloggers to honor other bloggers while helping grow said winner’s fan base in the process. Accepting the Award also causes the recipient to abide by 7 Rules.
Rule #2: Thank the blogger(s) who presented this award and link back to their blog.
These are the two awesome individuals who bestowed the honor onto me:
What Killed The Dinosaurs: http://whatkilledthedinosaurs.wordpress.com/
Thanks one and all!
Rule #3: Share 11 random facts about yourself.
1. My favourite Final Fantasy game is #9.
2. Every Friday is Pasta Friday at my house.
3. The first DVD series I ever bought was Buffy The Vampire Slayer.
4. I sold an area rug to actress Amanda Tapping.
5. My first ever Halloween costume was a ghost.
6. I was a hyena in my elementary school’s play of the Lion King.
7. The first villain I ever hated in a video game was the dog from Duck Hunt.
8. I have a compulsion to completely watch a TV series despite the fact that it gets worse and worse if I make it past the third episode.
9. The first car I ever drove was a Toyota Echo.
10. I do not enjoy public speaking at all.
11. My first ever instrument I played was the recorder. I was never any good…
Rule #4: Answer the Liebster questions given by the person who nominated you.
What Killed The Dinosaurs’
1. If you could choose your accent, what accent would you have? British.
2. What is your favourite meat, and why? Pork. It just tastes awesome. Do I need a better reason than that?
3. If you could cast a Patronus, what animal would it be and why? A wolf because I always found them fascinating.
4. What was the first film you saw at the cinema, and what were your memories of it? The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. My memories: epic action and great humor wrapped in Turtle awesomeness. The actor who played Shredder was fantastic and Master Splinter was a real standout. I couldn’t believe I was seeing the Turtles spring to life in live-action!
5. If you could only drink one drink for the rest of your life, what would it be? Milk.
6. If you could have a superpower for one day only, what would it be and what would you do? The power of super-flight so I could travel around the world and see all the sights.
7. If you had to live one day of your life over and over again, which day would it be? The day I got married. Hasn’t happened yet but I’d go with that one.
8. If you could transport yourself into any fictional world (it can be any book, TV, film, comic book, YouTube video umm… blog? yeah), what world would it be and why? I’d travel to Gotham City because…Batman obviously.
9. If you had to live your life in only one colour (that is you have to wear only that colour, paint your walls that colour, everything you own will be that colour), what colour would it be and why? (you can have variations of shade in said colour) Blue because I really like the colour in general.
10. What is the strangest human encounter you have ever had? Nothing comes to mind…
11. What was your favourite album 5 years ago and what is your favourite album now? I don’t really listen to too much music so I can’t answer.
1. Why did you decide to blog in the first place? I wanted to share my love of comics with like-minded individuals.
2. Name three of your pastimes or hobbies. Comics, Video Games, and Writing. Coincidentally they are the same answers healed137 gave.
3. If you could interview anyone (dead or alive), who would it be and why? Stan Lee in order to learn from the master.
4. Do you have any pets? If not, what would you consider getting? Not anymore but I’d love another dog one of these days.
5. What is your favorite movie and why? That is too difficult for me to answer…
6. What is your favorite comic book and why? (If you don’t read comics, just name a favorite book). Batman: The Long Halloween. It is what got me obsessed with comics to begin with.
7. What is your favorite YouTube channel? I don’t have one.
8. If you could cosplay as any character, who would it be and why? Batman because he is my favourite comic character and I love the suit and cape.
9. What is your favorite topic to write about? Comics.
10. What’s your favorite fandom? Comics.
Rule #5: Nominate 10 bloggers who you feel deserve this award.
Kevin Reviews Uncanny X-Men – http://kevinreviewsuncannyxmen.com/
Nothing But Comics! – http://nothingbutcomics.wordpress.com/
The Rhodes Review – http://stephenwrhodes.com/
The Telltale Mind – http://thetelltalemind.com/
Sidekick Reviews – http://sidekickreviews.wordpress.com/
House of Flying Scapels – http://houseofflyingscalpels.com/
Sci-Fi Jubilee – http://scifijubilee.wordpress.com/
Arousing Grammar – http://arousinggrammar.com/
Modern Mythologies – http://modernmythologies.com/
WWayne – http://wwayne.wordpress.com/
Rule #6: Ask your nominees 10 questions.
1. Avengers or the Justice League: which group is the best?
2. What coloured Lantern Corps do you think you’ll fit right in with and which one would you want to be a part of?
3. What is your favourite Transformer character of all-time?
4. If you could re-do a movie and direct it yourself, what would it be and why?
5. If you could travel back in time, what event would you like to witness for yourself?
6. What is your dream automobile?
7. PC or Mac?
8. If you could move one DC character to Marvel and one Marvel character to DC, who would they be and why?
9. Which video game character is your favourite of all time?
10. If you could only watch one TV series over and over again, what would it be?
Rule #7: Notify your nominees of said nomination.
And on that note, that pretty much wraps things up. The march to 1000 begins now, next stop #900!
Retroactive: The Flash 1997 & Uncanny X-Men 2004
Retroactive: TMNT 1984 & Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1995/1996
Death’s Doorway, Super Science, and LA Troubles: Comic Book Covers of the Week 09/10/14
Finally, this is where (next week) I’ll post some excellent comic book cosplay.
On that note, this week’s offering of Between The Continuity has reached its end. I hope everyone has an excellent week and manages to read some great stuff. Until next time, I leave you with three words that sum up this blog and life in general: