In #Trending, Sam will highlight and offer my opinions on any comic-related news that occurred during the week. This will included news about comic books, comic-related movies, TV shows, video games, etc. including sharing any hot trailers that were released. Let’s begin:
Netflix’s ‘Daredevil’ trailer
A trailer for the upcoming series on Netflix. Just watch and wish for April 10 to come sooner…
First Look At ‘AKA Jessica Jones’ Filming
The first photos of Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones have been released as filming for the upcoming Netflix series has begun. The images don’t show anything exciting, just her walking along the Bronx in New York where they are filming the pilot episode entitled ‘Violet’.
Bendis Resigning With Marvel
This week, long time Marvel writer Brian Michael Bendis announced his departure from Uncanny X-Men and All-New X-Men. This however did not mean he was leaving Marvel, as he renewed his exclusive agreement with the company; the details of which have not be disclosed.
Superman Gets A New Superpower
Geoff Johns and John Romita Jr. have unveiled a brand new superpower for the Man of Steel, called ‘Super Flare’. Johns has called it “the most destructive power Superman has”. You can read all about it in this week’s Superman #36, the conclusion to the ‘Men of Tomorrow’ storyline.
1) Star Lord makes good on Twitterbowl bet: 5 days after the New England Patriots defeated the Seattle Seahawks, Chris Pratt made good on his bet with Chris Evans to show up at Christopher’s Haven. He even brought Chris Evans along!
2) Live Action ‘Legend of Zelda’ Netflix series: Netflix is reportedly working with Nintendo to produced a live-action series based on the popular video-game franchise The Legend of Zelda. An unnamed source is characterising the project as “Game of Thrones for a family audience”.
3) Kevin Smith to voice MODOK in ‘The Marvel Experience’: Kevin Smith will be bringing to life the A.I.M villain M.O.D.O.K in ‘The Marvel Experience’ tour. Alongside this, Marvel has released a teaser featuring Smith.
4) George Perez leading MegaCon Megawalk: Comic book legend George Perez will be leading the inaugural MegaWalk, a fundraiser for The Hero Initiative. The event will take place on April 10 at MegaCon in Orlando, Florida.
5) Abandoned Batman/Spawn crossover: Todd McFarlane has released a glimpse of a Batman/Spawn project that never took off. McFarlane was to have written and inked, while current Batman artist Greg Capullo would have provide the pencils.
6) Spider Man 2099 ending, Secret Wars 2099 announced:
Marvel’s ongoing series Spider-Man 2099
is drawing to a close. However it will be replaced by a new Secret Wars 2099
series, which will depict a 2099 Avengers. Some early character designs have been released. For more info and said art, click HERE
7) New Age of Ultron photos:
Not much to say about this, but there are some new images from the set of Avengers: Age of
Ultron. Too many to show here, but you can check them all out HERE
And that concludes this week’s edition of #Trending. Thoughts on any subjects discussed? Anything else worth mentioning? Comment below!
Feature Written By: Sam from SuperTeamAU