In #Trending, Sam will highlight and offer my opinions on any comic-related news that occurred during the week. This will included news about comic books, comic-related movies, TV shows, video games, etc. including sharing any hot trailers that were released. Let’s begin:
Following months of speculation, Sony and Marvel have finally reached an agreement, allowing the much desired Spider-Man to be included into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel has announced that a solo Spidey film will be released on July 28, 2017 to be produced by both Sony and Marvel.
It is reported that Marvel is seeking a more youthful, high-school era Spider-Man, with names like Dylan O’Brien and Logan Lerman being considered for the role. There have also been talks of replacing Peter Parker with the Ultimate Universe’s Mile Morales instead.
The webslinger is set to debut in the MCU in Captain America: Civil War, which comes out May 6, 2016.
Reynolds Teases Deadpool Mask
Ryan Reynolds tweeted out our first look at the Deadpool mask for the upcoming film. From what we can see in the prototype, they have stuck very close to the comic book costume. Only less than a year before the Merc with a Mouth makes his proper big screen debut and we can forget all about what they did to him in X-Men Origins.
On the side of that treat, MMA fighter turned actress Gina Carano has been cast to play Angel Dust, a mutant with the ability to give herself super strength by pumping her adrenaline levels up.
1) More Wolverine: Patrick Stewart has talked of a Wolverine/Professor X team-up in an upcoming Wolverine film. He has also contradicted any earlier report, by confirming that Sir Ian McKellen will be reprising his role as Magneto in the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse.
2) Search for Rick Flag continues: When Tom Hardy left the Suicide Squad, eyes turned to Jake Gyllenhaal, who turned down the role. Now, RoboCop actor, Joel Kinnaman has been targeted. This casting is yet to be confirmed.
3) Palicki now a regular on SHIELD: Previously guest starring as Mockingbird, Adrianne Palicki has now been added to the roster as a regular on Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD. The series will be returning to our screens on March 3rd.
4) Gunn’s GotG 2 is ‘risky’: James Gunn has recently stated that his script for the sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy is an original story, “not really based on anything”, that has been described as risky. He has also revealed the introduction of some important characters to both the Guardians world and the Marvel Universe as a whole. Is one of them Star Lord’s father?
5) Constantine on the move: NBC’s Constantine has not been receiving great ratings, which has led to much debate over its future. There are rumours of a move from NBC to Syfy, where it can have “the freedom to explore some of the darker aspects of the comic and appeal to a broader fanbase”.
And that concludes this week’s edition of #Trending. Thoughts on any subjects discussed? Anything else worth mentioning? Comment below!
Feature Written By: Sam from SuperTeamAU